I love books. LOVE THEM. I love adult books, and I have quite a collection of my own, but my true passion is children’s books. I wasn’t one of those people that loved children’s books before I had kids, it’s just that once I had the kids I wanted them to have access to EVERY BOOK IN THE WORLD. So when I found out about this new McDonald’s program, I knew I wanted to help promote it.
In conjunction with National Family Literacy Day (November 1), McDonald’s is offering BOOKS in their Happy Meals. With each Happy Meal, your child can receive one of four original, limited edition books:
- “The Goat Who Ate Everything” – Tells a story of a goat who has a big appetite
and struggles to eat right. But when he does, he feels great and becomes the
playful ‘kid’ everyone loves.
- “Deana’s Big Dreams” – Shares how Deana, the world’s smallest dinosaur, grew
tall by eating right.
- “Ant, Can’t” – Features Ant, a bite-‐sized bodybuilder who’s big on encouraging
physical fitness through exercise and eating right.
- “Doddi the Dodo Goes to Orlando” – Follows happy-‐go-‐lucky bird Doddi who
travels the world. She eats right because this dodo is always on the go-‐go.
They also get a bookmark they can personalize, which is really cool. Now of course I love this promotion just because it involves books, but the really great part? McDonald’s of Central Indiana is doing a GREAT campaign known as, “Give a Book, Get a Book.” Around Central Indiana, you can find book donation drop points to donate your new or gently used children’s books. For your donation you will receive a Be Our Guest card, a coupon for a FREE Happy Meal!
Book donation sites include:
- Hussey-‐Mayfield Public Library (Zionsville, Ind.)
- Attica Public Library
- Elwood Public Library
- Barton Rees Pogue Memorial Library (Upland, Ind.)
- Brownstown Public Library
- Indy Reads (2450 N. Meridian St.)
- Ronald McDonald House (435 Limestone St.)
More sites are coming. You can find the most up to date information here. In addition to stopping by the book drop, the libraries will also be hosting Happy Meal Days with activities and books. Check with your closest participating library for more information.
And in honor of all this goodness, I have been chosen to offer one of you a great McDonald’s prize pack. You will receive a week’s worth of Happy Meals (five), a copy of one of these exclusive books, AND a $10 Amazon gift card! Contest ends on Saturday night so get your entries in now!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
For more chances to win, check out fellow Indy area bloggers’ giveaways!